GS300L manual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS300L manual.

Damn, my mechanic took a look at the motor and told me that we need a manual to put this together because its to risky to do it without one. Hes knows everything there is to know about KZ1000 but not the GS300L. I NEED a manual as soon as possible. Would somebody have one on a pdf file that they could send me possibly? I need the whole engine section. If not, could you guys give me a list of things to do while assembling it? the bike is a 1983 GS300L D model but im sure a 1982 GS300L manual will work.

Thanks guys,
    KT

You have an almost 30-year-old, 300cc bike and you have a MECHANIC???

OK, more seriously now, there's a "twins" manual on BassCliff's site. I just looked and, oddly enough, the 300 is not covered: just 250, 400, and 450. But the manual looked to be a UK version when I glanced at it. Maybe the 300 never made it to the UK? The 300 may just be a bored/stroked 250. Worth a look to see if it's similar to the bits you're seeing, anyway.

Comment

I needed the mechanic. Im like 15 years old and i have never pulled an engine apart before... I can now though I'll check out the site, the GS300L manual had "GS250T" written on the front in green letters.

Thanks man.

Comment

There is an addition to the rear of the manual that calls out differences between the 300 and the 250.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten Tooth View Post
          I needed the mechanic. Im like 15 years old and i have never pulled an engine apart before... I can now though I'll check out the site, the GS300L manual had "GS250T" written on the front in green letters.

Thanks man.
          You're 15, you've never heard of Google? Found this:

The Suzuki GS 250 Service Manual includes repair information for 1980-1981 Suzuki GS 250 and GS300 motorcycles. Get the manual and work like a professional.

for $46.95.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
            You're 15, you've never heard of Google? Found this:

The Suzuki GS 250 Service Manual includes repair information for 1980-1981 Suzuki GS 250 and GS300 motorcycles. Get the manual and work like a professional.

for $46.95.
            Give the kid a break, He's trying to save his pennies for gas money..

Comment

my parents used to have a GS250, I'll check with my dad and see if he still has the manual. If he does, I'll send it to you.

Comment

Kittentooth has one now.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                  Kittentooth has one now.
                  good, I just got off the phone with my dad and he passed along the manual to the next owner when he sold his 250.

IIRC, the 300 has drum brakes front and rear. I imagine you could change the front to a disc with relative ease. The forks from the 250 and 300 are probably the same size. Kittentooth, let's see some pictures!

Comment

You are right. Drums front and rear.

Comment

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! im sorry ive been off for so long

Comment

Working...
                      X