Headlight/running lights switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight/running lights switch

I installed a motion pro push/pull throttle assembly. I also had a half sized kill switch I wired in. As you can see the switch has a headlight/running light control, basically power in and two powers out. I was able to wire my headlight to work with the switch, but I can't seem to find the wire that feeds all the running lights.

I have the FSM for the bike, but it doesn't to have a complete wiring diagram. Does anyone have one they can post?

The bike is a 85' GS1150, and thanks.

The mikuni carbs sure like this throttle better, as do I!!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2010, 05:04 PM.

On earlier models the brown wire in the headlight bucket was used for running lights.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I just came in from the garage and figured it out. I need to stop relying on wiring diagrams, what if one didn't exist... It wasn't hard to trace the wire and power it up to test it. The grey wire in the same switch I'm working in powers all the front running lights, tail light, and gauge back lights.

Somehow that circuit also powers the starter... So my starter only cranks when the running lights are powered through my new switch. Other than that the switch works like I wanted it to. And I'm ok with the starter only working that way, it makes it harder to steal the bike I guess.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X