Oil cooler adapter issue (advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil cooler adapter issue (advice)

I bought this nice used oil cooler setup from makenzie71 a little while back for my 550L, and I decided to mock it up while I await parts for the bike. As it turns out, there is a slight clearance issue with the adapter.

I would guess that unused boss is for the clutch cable on the 750, but isn't used on the 550 like mine.

My question is: Would it be safe to just cut/grind off the boss to make clearance for the oil cooler line? I would say yes, but I guess I want to hear the GSR collective's opinion on it before I do anything.

Thanks

Rich

Wack it off!
    I can't really tell what's going though with those pics.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

EDIT: I see now the issue with the connector.
      Take Chef's advice and whack it off.

Tony.
      Last edited by Mysuzyq; 04-07-2010, 11:44 PM.
      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
        EDIT: I see now the issue with the connector.
        Take Chef's advice and whack it off.

Tony.
        Yeah, that's why I edited the pics, it's kinda hard to tell what the issue is. There is NO clearance for a fitting there at all. I haven't decided if I'll whack it off or not yet.

Comment

Working...
        X