forking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forking question

I know my 82 gs 750e uses 35mm forks. with that in mind, anybody have an idea of a set an inch or 2 longer than stock?

this prolly won't help but i just changed my 81 gs1100e forks from the 82/83 e forks to katana forks and got 1" back that i lost with the original change. but they are 37mm forks

Comment

You change the trees?

Comment

Originally posted by dcil View Post
        You change the trees?

1100e and katana both use 37mm fork tubes so there would have been no need to change to facilitate a fit

Comment

what sparki said. straight fork swap. used original tree off the bike with both swaps.

Comment

didn't notice the 37mm part. My 750 uses 35 so I had 35mm on the brain. hmm have to check bearing numbers and see if that setup can be made to fit.

Comment

well, changed the fork oil a few minutes ago. Added a 1 inch spacer on each side. Sits up lots better now, haven't got to test ride yet. Maybe after the wife gets home.

Comment

Got to take her out, rides and handles lots better. One question though. When I took the cap off the forks, there was a small spring on the top of the long spring. Is this normal? Or have they been changed?

Comment

2 springs - That,s stock

Comment

Working...
                  X