getting aggravated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting aggravated

I'm trying to re-install my forks but as I try to put one of the forks through the headlight ear it pulls the little piece of rubber that goes on the bottom of the head light ear. I've tried everything I can think of to keep the piece of rubber in place but no luck. Yes the piece of rubber is shot but cant find them any where on line. The other fork went in without any trouble at all. Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks that will keep this thing in place? Thanks guys for any and all help.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

super glue the gromet into the metal hole and apply a smear of grease on the inner surface it will slide right in and thr gromet will stay put..when you get the new gromets just peel the old ones out and clean off the glue.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Hey dude, guess what I found in my stash of rubber bits whilst organizing and going through the garage?? TWO of those pieces you need. They're not brand new, but a damn sight better than the one you showed me. Yours if you need em!!

Comment

LMAO...Josh..Is there anything you DONT have???LOL ILL TAKE IT!!! LMAO
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          LMAO...Josh..Is there anything you DONT have???
          A nice skunk.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

LMAO...Josh..Is there anything you DONT have???LOL ILL TAKE IT!!! LMAO
            Sure there is, I DONT have a welded HD clutch basket for my 1100. I DONT have an 1150 Rear wheel, and I DONT have slotted sprockets for my 1150 cams.. YET..

Comment

Josh you are a life saver lol. I can get the one to go in but the other one i showed you just will not cooperate lol. How much you want for them man?
              I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
                Josh you are a life saver lol. I can get the one to go in but the other one i showed you just will not cooperate lol. How much you want for them man?
                Bah I dont want anything for em dude, theyre just some rubber circles i had sacked away in a cabinet out there.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  A nice skunk.
                  That too.. I have a dog though! And a beautiful wonderful fiance who took me to Penn Station tonight even though she hates eating at that place..

Comment

Hey i wanna ask if you have any decently clear master cylinder resivoirs for my 750s around.. Both the 77 and 78 have that crusty white look and i tried some rubbing compound and a few other things but they are too far gone i suspect dont much care about the rears. just need two for the front masters..
                    Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Sweet.. When would be a good time to stop by and pick them up?
                      I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Hey i wanna ask if you have any decently clear master cylinder resivoirs for my 750s around.. Both the 77 and 78 have that crusty white look and i tried some rubbing compound and a few other things but they are too far gone i suspect dont mich bare about the rears. just need two for the front masters..
                        Not the round ones, no. Though, I might have one that you will have to rebuild, in really good cosmetic shape, but it wont back pressure, so i think the return port is clogged up. I am swapping it off Roses bike for a 14mm aftermarket jobby that is better anyway, so when I do, if youd like it, just let me know

Comment

Sweet.. When would be a good time to stop by and pick them up?
                          I work at 5 tomorrow, so you'll prolly have to pick them up before 4 if you can. If not, we can figure something out. Maybe I can leave em in the mailbox for you or something. I would say just come get them from Rose but she'll be at school..

Comment

I could be at your house at about 4. I get off work at 3:30. If you want to you could just leave them in the mail box.
                            I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

I could be at your house at about 4. I get off work at 3:30. If you want to you could just leave them in the mail box.
                              I may get there first!
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                              X