1982 gs750e starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs750e starting problem

My bike is fully charged but it doesnt seem to start. It goes to start but just doesn't catch. The last time I had it out was about 2 months ago at that point I got it to start, but the minute i let off the throttle it would staul out that meant no putting it in neautral unless i was on the throttle somewhat. I was thinking it may be the stator or regulater, but not sure if that would cause a problem like this any ideas?

Hi,

Didn't you post this in the Electrical section? No need to cross-post.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I did I wasen't sure if it was electrical or an engine problem. Figured if I put it in both maybe someone will recognize the problem. Sorry though won't do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by army12b View Post
        I did I wasen't sure if it was electrical or an engine problem. Figured if I put it in both maybe someone will recognize the problem. Sorry though won't do that again.
        Hi,

Not to worry. The technical sections have gone through a little "face lift" recently and we members are still getting used to them. Whether or not your thread starts out in the proper section, it's less confusing when there is just one thread about your issue. All of the gurus here check all of the sections anyway.

No blood, no foul. No harm done. OK?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Give us a little history on the bike and maybe we can help you.
          Last time carbs have been gone through
          Last valve adjustment
          Last tune-up (new plugs, air filter ect)
          Mods
          ect..
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X