1982 gs 750e wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs 750e wont start

My bike is fully charged but it doesnt seem to start. It goes to start but just doesn't catch. The last time I had it out was about 2 months ago at that point I got it to start, but the minute i let off the throttle it would staul out that meant no putting it in neautral unless i was on the throttle somewhat. I was thinking it may be the stator or regulater, but not sure if that would cause a problem like this any ideas?

Hi,

By the description of your symptoms you may have two problems. The first being a bad starter clutch or bad starter. When you hit the button does the starter spin without turning the engine? Second, it sounds like you have dirty or maladjusted carbs. Go over the maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome" to help troubleshoot your bike's issues. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks haven't really done any checking yet wanted to see exactlly what people may think it is. I actually stripped the bike to do the painting project on here. Once I get it all back together I will check both of those problems. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X