Glass in Gauge Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass in Gauge Cluster

Can anyone tell me if that glass in the gauge cluster can be replaced? I am guessing that it is some sort of plexiglass or the like. Mine has really fine cracks in it...like it got really hot and them got rained on.

Any Ideas....and is this the correct place for this thread?

That's glass.
    You can pry it open and replace the glass.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Which bike?
      The '80 1100E has a one piece plastic lens to cover both gauges, and the lower lights and things too.
      I never did find one after I broke mine.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My old GT250 had the dis-colored lenses from sitting outside with the PO.
        I took the gauges apart and took one of the plastic lenses to a local glass shop and they were able to cut me 2 new pieces of glass the same size and thickness.
        Glue the gauges back together and wala...perfection.
        Last edited by crag antler; 04-08-2010, 07:28 AM. Reason: typos
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Which bike?
          The '80 1100E has a one piece plastic lens to cover both gauges, and the lower lights and things too.
          I never did find one after I broke mine.
          It is for the 80 1100E. The PO must have left it in the sun or something. I will have to see what I can find.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X