Air box piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air box piece

Ok, this is very strange question, might not even been in the correct section, but this seemed as good as any. I am missing the plastic cone piece that is supposed to fit inside the air filter element in the air box. Instead of buying a new one like a sane person would do, I thought it would be both fun, and some good fabrication welding practice for me to create my own in welding class. However I have been unsuccessful in finding some measurements to go off of. So, could somebody provide me with some dimensions, or would I be better served in the learning process by figuring it out based only off the air box I have?

Huh? "plastic cone in the air filter"?
    What model and year of bike?

Comment

apologies, it is a 1982 Suzuki gs650gl.
      and all the pics i have seen have had a conical looking piece that is supposed to fit inside the actual air filter to keep it's shape when in the box. I don't have one and wanted to try and make one.

Comment

Can you not just buy a plastic funnel of applicable size? maybe nip the spout off and cover the hole left over. That will give you something to start with that you can attach some kind of mount to with rivets.

Comment

Working...
        X