83 katana forks on my 81 1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 katana forks on my 81 1100e

so when i resurrected my 81 1100e i had to change the forks cause the old forks where toast. so i got some used 82/83 1100e forks for her. i didn't know but i lost about 1" off the front by doing this. well turns out the left fork with less then a year on it started leaking fork oil and the damper adjustment nob slipped and move so i never knew what it was set to. so i went out and got me a set of 83 1100 katana forks i believe. for sure katana but not sure of year or cc's. the bike is riding better then i ever felt her, fork brace is prolly helpin too. but i think i'm gonna go back to a drag bar cause now i feel like i'm on a chopper the front is so high :P

Originally posted by schlyme View Post
    so when i resurrected my 81 1100e i had to change the forks cause the old forks where toast. so i got some used 82/83 1100e forks for her. i didn't know but i lost about 1" off the front by doing this. well turns out the left fork with less then a year on it started leaking fork oil and the damper adjustment nob slipped and move so i never knew what it was set to. so i went out and got me a set of 83 1100 katana forks i believe. for sure katana but not sure of year or cc's. the bike is riding better then i ever felt her, fork brace is prolly helpin too. but i think i'm gonna go back to a drag bar cause now i feel like i'm on a chopper the front is so high :P
    The 82/83 1100E forks were not the same as yours. Your bike ORIGINALLY had leading axle forks. The 82/83 Es had straight forks. I bet the katana did too but dunno why they're that much longer. You might be carefull, your headstock geometry is set up for leading axle forks. You'd get it back to stock finding a set, or a set from a 850cc or up "L" model.

Comment

Got a spare set for my 81 on Ebay for 9.99 + shipping - the deals are there, just gotta look and be patient..

Comment

the katana forks are working great, and yes they are straight like the 82/83. no issues at all. the 82/83 e forks worked ok. the only issue with them is the damper adjustment was unknown to me. in other words i knew what the right fork was set to but the left fork was a mystery, and i had lost about 1" so i had to be careful not to scrape my pipes when going over things.

Comment

Working...
        X