headlight conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight conversion

is there anyway to get a newer style bulb into the oem housing of a 1987 gs450 i know a lot of the gs's use the same bulb? there has to be some kind of conversion kit or something, i don't feel like shelling out nearly $50 for a 30 year old headlight.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

You can just pick up any other 7 inch GS headlight of the H4 style and bolt it right on your bike. Then use the Sylvania Silverstar bulb, about $20 at your local auto store. There are also conversion kits at places like Dennis Kirk and J.C. Whitney.

Let me welcome you to the forum....

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X