carb question... not gs but gsxr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb question... not gs but gsxr

background: i got this 1995 gsxr 750w about a week ago it sat for 2 years, it didnt run and was very dirty ( it cleaned up really nice tho)
    i changed the plugs drained the old bad gas and emptied the bowls and put some race gas 110 in it with a bottle of seafoam and it started up instantly. now after i have put 300 miles on it and two more tanks of gas it still doesnt run as it should.
    okay a few questions...
    • at a idle the rpms will drop and it will stall if i dont give it a little gas
      ( the mixture screws are all 2 turns out )
      it has a micron exhaust and pods and the jets in it are 120's so it was jetted up from the manuals spec of 115's ( the pilot system covers idle i know )

• during hard acceleration it bogs mainly between 3K-5K and sometimes higher rpm's and at top end it has more power at 3/4 throttle and at full throttle it loses power.

does anyone know what could cause these issues and what to go about fixing them??? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    here are a few pics of it.

OOOOH...OOOOOH...I know.

Wait for it!

Wait for it!

DIRTY CARBS, FTW?

You'll need to pull them apart and give them a real cleaning. A link to the process and be found in the main section of the site. Never been there myself, but it's there!

Orings might be available from Robert AKA Cycleorings.com OR a trip here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/ will get you in the right direction.

Long story short, tear them down and do it right.

VERY NICE BIKE, BTW!!!!

Comment

Hi,

If your Gixxer is using the Slingshot series of carbs (Mikuni BSTxxSS), I've got just the thing for you.

It's a carb cleaning "how to" from the gixxer.com forum written by Rob (Old Skool_R). See if it will help you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

ok i cleaned them... and it stills bogs out i asked a shop about it and they said 120 jets aren't enough for pods and a slip on they recommend at least a 145.
        does this sound right? stock is a 115 and they are 120's now
        thanks, Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse002100 View Post
          ok i cleaned them... and it stills bogs out i asked a shop about it and they said 120 jets aren't enough for pods and a slip on they recommend at least a 145.
          does this sound right? stock is a 115 and they are 120's now
          thanks, Jesse
          Who put the pods and pipe on? I saw that you mentioned it in your first post HOWEVER...I falsely assumed that the bike ran well at some point prior, to the three year dry dock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
            Who put the pods and pipe on? I saw that you mentioned it in your first post HOWEVER...I falsely assumed that the bike ran well at some point prior, to the three year dry dock.
            i got the bike from the P.O. he said it ran fine and sounded great i got a deal on it so i didnt care.
            it runs ish and pods suck i wish i had the airbox but i dont so i kinda want to make it work as is and if tuned right pods will help a bit performance wise.

the pipe didnt have any baffle in it i packed it with fiberglass and it made it alot quieter but still needs to get turned right.

ill be getting a factory pro jet kit as someone reccomended and then ill post up in a week or so after i get it all in.

Comment

If I were you I'd ask the chaps on the forum at http://www.gixxer.com/... they know their stuff.

Comment

thanks i already did i just didnt get any responce for awhile till i got the one from there water cooled pro and he suggested the factory pro kit config 30 jet kit which im getting after i get paid...

thanks, Jesse

Comment

Double check the condition of the emulsion tubes during your next disassembly. I had a set they were very bad. Those carbs are known for wearing the tubes. Go to the Factory Pro website to read more

Comment

Working...
                  X