Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifter adjustment can anyone HELP PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifter adjustment can anyone HELP PLEASE!!

Hello fellow GS , i just got my 1980 Gs1000 gt about 2 months ago , i have change the oil and filter , tranny and rear diff fuilds, new tires and battery. I am pretty new to the workings inside the motor tho and i was wonder if there is any one around the JEFFERSON CITY area that has the tools needed to adjust my lifters and could teach me and show me what i need to get it done my self.. I could bring beer, or cough up some cash just dont rape me im not a rich person lol.. Bike runs great just can hear a little lifter peck , i want to get all the major things do so i can get her lookin pretty , SO PLEASE HELP , AND DONT HAVE TO BE IN JEFF JUST SOME WHERE WITH IN REASON , you can leave a message here or email me at lashingout_on_u@yahoo.com

Your bike has no lifters, to start with, it has dual overhead cams (DOHC). Noise from the cam drivetrain is good. When you don't hear them rattling away, then you have cause to be worried.
    Anyway, Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of informative stuff here, our unofficial, but official greeter, BassCliff will be along sometime today to greet you with a whole lot of good links to go to find out about your bike. In fact, here's a link to his home page(BikeCliff) with a wealth of information: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

Enjoy!!

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. vallo2019,

Yes, performing routine maintenance, like valve clearance checks, on these bikes is not hard. And we're here to help. You'll need a breather gasket, valve cover gasket, a tappet tool (or use the "zip tie method"), and some extra shims (but you won't know what size shims you need until you know what sizes you have and what your clearances are). There's a handy guide on my website. Welcome.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X