Carb Surprise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Surprise.

Well, I'd gone through #1 and #2 without much trouble (got to the air screws no problem after some guidance here) and what did I find in #3? UGH- ugly mcnastiness!

I'll post a picture upon removal from the dip, but one of the drain bowl towers is broken (surprisingly functional, i think) and the biggie: the pilot jet is all buggered up. a PO or mechanic left it in there too long/didn't use the right size screwdriver, and messed up the head.

I've got PB down the hole as well as the dip, so maybe by some miracle i'll have a chance at removal before the head is completely unusable.

Anyone have a suggestion on "jet removal"?
    should i leave it and run it as is? this is what it looks like was done previously...
    should i attempt to drill it out and replace?

if i attempt option 2, and completely mess up the jet tube, where would i find a replacement #3? i have a hard time believing they're just "kicking around" some auto parts store!

call it a rant, but now i'm afraid to even look at #4's internals...

Originally posted by nuthuts650GLX View Post
    Well, I'd gone through #1 and #2 without much trouble (got to the air screws no problem after some guidance here) and what did I find in #3? UGH- ugly mcnastiness!

I'll post a picture upon removal from the dip, but one of the drain bowl towers is broken (surprisingly functional, i think) and the biggie: the pilot jet is all buggered up. a PO or mechanic left it in there too long/didn't use the right size screwdriver, and messed up the head.

I've got PB down the hole as well as the dip, so maybe by some miracle i'll have a chance at removal before the head is completely unusable.

Anyone have a suggestion on "jet removal"?
    should i leave it and run it as is? this is what it looks like was done previously...
    should i attempt to drill it out and replace?

if i attempt option 2, and completely mess up the jet tube, where would i find a replacement #3? i have a hard time believing they're just "kicking around" some auto parts store!

call it a rant, but now i'm afraid to even look at #4's internals...
    Yeah in this case... I would drill out the offending jet and use an Easy Out (one of the times that they work VERY well) and it will come out. Use a little heat from a small propane torch or a heat gun and it really helps the move.

Comment

Working...
    X