Fuel Additives(smoother idle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Additives(smoother idle)

Hey guys, just bought some Berrymans B-12 Chemtool Fuel Treatment yesterday on a whim.
    (It says Injectors, Carbs and Valves)

Just wanted to know how safe this stuff is, it's not going to burn my plastic and o-rings and stuff is it? I mean it says that it's for Carburetors.

I remember a few people saying they have used it before.......but they never posted the results!
    -----

My bike is running pretty damn good right now, but Im wondering if I could maybe smoothen out my Idle a tad bit, and maybe get a little of that gunk off my pistons and valves.

Anybody have any experience with these fuel additives?

Hi,

Sea Foam is the standard elixir of choice. It's worked well for me. I can't speak on the Berryman's B-12. Let us know how you like it.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

i dont use it in my bike but i use acetone in my car, have done for years. increased fuel economy, reduced emissions and with 120k on the clock it still runs and idles sweet as a nut.
      50ml to 50 litres of fuel and its only about £1.50.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

The Berrymans fuel additive works great.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

what stores is the berrymans sold in?? might give the old girls a treatment or two.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

It depends on what part of the country you're from to what the auto parts stores are called. They are all owned by the same companies. Here they are called "almacén de las piezas de automóvil"
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Wew, dont know if she was having a good day, but the Idle was a little higher than normal but smooth, and throttle felt really tight and strong.....i had the bike out an hour earlier and it wasnt quite that strong!
              (although with these old bikes, they can be moody sometimes....atleast mine is.)

I have to goto work tonite, so i'll take a couple trips tomorrow morning and see how she runs then in comparison to today.....the winds are pretty nasty today, so it's not the best time to be zipping around town cleaning out the engine.

They carry berrymans at wal-mart of all places, that's where I found mine!

and at like $2 or 3 a can, i'll give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                It depends on what part of the country you're from to what the auto parts stores are called. They are all owned by the same companies. Here they are called "almacén de las piezas de automóvil"

Now that's funny right there. Funny, but true.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post

Now that's funny right there. Funny, but true.

BassCliff
                  I'll be here all week

Try the prime rib

Comment

Working...
                  X