Final pix, 83 Katana 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final pix, 83 Katana 1100

Finally got it finished, turned out real well.
    Enjoy.........................................

Comment

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Hi Mr. feelergaugephil,

My, my. That's a mighty purdy bike right there. Wow. Excellent work. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Do you need mirrors?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

That looks great!!! I'm jealous

Comment

Beautiful bike, Phil.
              Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere...what header and muffler are you using?
              It looks great and seems to be very tight fitting.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Man, your Kat is one sweet ride! Great job!!

Comment

Woah! that's a beauty! I really like the way you did the wheels. Great job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Beautiful bike, Phil.
                    Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere...what header and muffler are you using?
                    It looks great and seems to be very tight fitting.
                    It's not my bike, the owner saw my GS1000 which I restored and he asked me to restore his.
                    The exhaust is imported from UK, It's a Marving. and sounds awsome, I really wanted the Harris exhaust for it but they quit making those exhausts last year for this model, but still make them for other 70/80's bikes.
                    Total cost for restoration was $4K including parts/paint/powdercoating and labor.
                    The only issue is the K+L carb rebuild gaskets are leaking, so I'll take off the carbs off this weekend and sort that out, then he can come pick his bike up.
                    THX for the nice comments guys.

Comment

Originally posted by feelergaugephil View Post
                      It's not my bike, the owner saw my GS1000 which I restored and he asked me to restore his.
                      The exhaust is imported from UK, It's a Marving. and sounds awsome, I really wanted the Harris exhaust for it but they quit making those exhausts last year for this model, but still make them for other 70/80's bikes.
                      Total cost for restoration was $4K including parts/paint/powdercoating and labor.
                      The only issue is the K+L carb rebuild gaskets are leaking, so I'll take off the carbs off this weekend and sort that out, then he can come pick his bike up.
                      THX for the nice comments guys.
                      I just looked at this companies site. They have some NICE looking stuff, and still make them for just about all the big GS bikes from 750 up...

Next question..How do they SOUND??

Comment

When you first started this resto, and asked for exhaust suggestions, I recommended the Marving, but you said he didn't like the look, back then . I'm happy you got one....it looks great, and by all accounts, sounds really nice too!
                        Beautiful job all around!
                        Tony.
                        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

hey I remember this bike, you left the carbs sandblasted raw because the weather down there is perfect... nice to see the end result!

Comment

Beautiful job sir!

Love those pipes. They really look right for the bike.

Very inspirational for the rest of us Kat rebuilders. I just wish I could turn out something that pretty.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
                            Spyug

Comment

Thanks guys, its all a matter of time and patience.............

Comment

Working...
                              X