Aftermarket Tach install single or dual fire ingition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Tach install single or dual fire ingition

I got a simple question. Im attempting to wire in a sunpro tac. to my GS850 and im wondering if the 81 Gs850g has a single or dual fire ignition. My wiring install will depend on which kind of ignition the Gs has

Thanks - Gs850 Bobber

Im not sure exactly what you're asking..(never heard the terminology before) but the GS series fires two cylinders at once, wasted spark system. Coil one fires 1-4 at the same time (only one cylinder is in compression stroke) and coil two fires 2-3 at the same time.

The GS series bikes that have electronic tachs only feed from one coil if that helps at all..

Comment

What are some years that have elec. tachs so i can look at there wiring diagram.

thanks _ gs850 bobber

Comment

i dont think any of these old ones had them, think he meant when people install a new electric tach on them thats what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by gs850 Bobber View Post
          What are some years that have elec. tachs so i can look at there wiring diagram.

thanks _ gs850 bobber
          83 and later, at least in some models. 1983 750E for sure.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
            i dont think any of these old ones had them, think he meant when people install a new electric tach on them thats what they do.
            1983 and on GS700/750ES 1100ES 1150E/ES all had electronic tachometers..

Comment

Working...
            X