Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whatt would cuz my bike to die when i hit the start button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatt would cuz my bike to die when i hit the start button?

i changed my bars out yesterday, and i defeloped a problem. when i hit the start button, she goes dead. i took apart the controls, both right and left side. looked to see if i pulled any wires out or maybe damaged something. cleaned them out real good w/ some electronic cleaner and made sure the cobwebs were gone. has far has that goes everything looked ok. i got my lights to come on once, when i dropped her down from the center stand. they came on, i hit the start button and back to dead. i did notice yesterday she died when i put her on the center stand. she never did this before. this is a problem w/ my 1980 gs1100L. thanks for any help. i am lost atm.

A bad fuse would cause this. Also a loose connection.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Check for a short on your clutch safty switch. If it grounds it wouldn't blw you fuse but would cut power to light and starting system.

Comment

follow the wiring from the right hand control into the headlight. im willing to bet your problem lies in the connections in there.

Comment

Working...
        X