X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running on one cylinder

'83 GS450L
    Temperature: ~low 50s

I've been running seafoam in the tank for the last tankful and I haven't seen much improvement. My choke circuit is still not giving me anything - its raising the idle slightly when I pull it to ~1/3 of the way, but then it dies.

But my main problem is that today I noticed that its only running on one cylinder (left pipe isn't getting hot). Just to clarify I wasn't out riding when this happened, it barely has enough power to launch on that one cylinder, and off-idle response is sluggish. I think this is a temperature-related because I noticed the bike doesn't like to idle on two cylinders in colder weather (when I bought it in November) and when it was warm, like last week when it was about 80, it was running great on two cylinders most of the time (when it had been running a while tho, it wouldn't hold idle)

When I take off the carbs, what should I be looking for? I've already been suggested to order new o-rings and boots, which I will do, but I feel this is more of an internal problem, esp. since the choke circuit is not functioning. Any ideas for the carb gurus out there?

More than likely your carbs are dirty and need to be cleaned. Take them completely apart, soak them in carb cleaner, replace o-rings and reassemble.

Comment

Working...
    X