swingarm bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swingarm bearings

I was replaceing my swingarm because it was re-welded and is cracked. I thought I would replace the bearings. I am having alot of trouble finding bearings. I have only found oem at 32 to 40. ea. They are very small seems like I could find something else? Bike Bandit shows the bearings are 15x35x11.75, can I use this number and just go to a bearing shop and get them there? I have read about just replacing them with bushings, any input from someone who has done this before? I guess they are tapered bearings or needle bearings or does it matter? I replaced back wheel and got rid of the wierd sway but not completely, I noticed crack in the weld. I got some cheap shocks coming so it should be ready to go next week. I hope it will be running great. Thanks for all the help in the past. I hope this is the correct spot to put this?

If this is for your 650L, you may be able to find some aftermarket bearings that will work. I originally was going to tell you to just purchase some OEM bearings like I recently did, but tonight I did a little research and you should be able to save quite a bit with aftermarket.

You are correct that the 15x35x11.75 is the correct size, this corresponds with a number 6202 tapered roller bearing. One thing that you will want is a sealed bearing just like the original, I believe this is 6202 RS designation.
    Check this website for info:

Bearings Online, shopping by VXB ball bearings the online bearing store and supplier, wholesale prices and same day shipping, next day air shipping available. The Ball Bearing Supplier & Distributor

I haven't personally gone this route, but please report back if you do this.

EDIT: Bearing # may actually be 30202, the 6202 was from link above.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2010, 09:17 PM. Reason: Not sure of bearing number

Comment

There is a local business called Bearing Headquarters. I will run the number by them. They did not find anything with 30202 and was alittle worried about the race. I am going to try it though. They are just to small to pay that much money for, about 60. a pair. Thank you for the info I looked at several sites but could not find a match.

Comment

Working...
      X