Chain/engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain/engine

First ? What is a 530 conversion for your chain?
    Second? Can you buy engine kits for these's old bikes, for more get up and go ??

Chain conversion kit switches from one size of chain/sprocket combo to a 530 size combo.

Engine kits have been around since Christ was a corporal.
    From mild to wild.

Comment

If I convert from my 630 O-ring chain to a 530, how much circulating weight can I save? Its got to be some kind of HP gain not having to turn a heavier chain.

Comment

Most people have reported a couple pounds. It's rotational mass, vs static mass, so the effects of weight loss are more pronounced than if you just shaved a few pounds off the chassis. More importantly though, changing sprockets and chain becomes cheaper via the 530, and parts availability is improved ten-fold.

Comment

I'll have to let my 630 wear out first I guess. It and the sprockets are new.

Comment

Ok I get it...Where can I get a 530 conversion for my 79 GS1000E ??? thanks

Comment

Go through this page...tons of links. Surely theres something in here.

Comment

Call these guys and they'll hook you up.
                Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
                  Most people have reported a couple pounds.
                  IIRC, Rob (Katman) said the net savings was 8 lbs, on the 1100.
                  Tony.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
                  X