1978 GS750 Spoke rear wheel disk conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS750 Spoke rear wheel disk conversion

Hi, I'm new here, and Ive searched all the forums for an hour, for the answer to my question, to no exact avail. Anyway question is...is it possible to convert a 1978 GS400 rear spoke wheel originally intended for a drum brake to accept a disk, or is that a completely different hub all together with no possible way? I understand bearing sizes are different and need to be setup. The wheel will be going on my 1978 GS750 Bobber which is already set up for rear disk. The tire dimensions on the spoke wheel are identical to the one mounted on my rear mag wheel (110/90-18). If not, does anyone know of a source for me to locate a GS750 hub set up for a spoke wheel with disk brake? Or better yet, a GS750 Rear spoke wheel for Disk Setup. I already have a spare rim and the spokes associated with it, and converted my front spoke wheel to dual disk.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

PS The listing for the GS400 wheel i'm looking at on ebay...
    Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM. Reason: more info...

Originally posted by mautemps View Post
    Hi, I'm new here, and Ive searched all the forums for an hour, for the answer to my question, to no exact avail. Anyway question is...is it possible to convert a 1978 GS400 rear spoke wheel originally intended for a drum brake to accept a disk, or is that a completely different hub all together with no possible way? I understand bearing sizes are different and need to be setup. The wheel will be going on my 1978 GS750 Bobber which is already set up for rear disk. The tire dimensions on the spoke wheel are identical to the one mounted on my rear mag wheel (110/90-18). If not, does anyone know of a source for me to locate a GS750 hub set up for a spoke wheel with disk brake? Or better yet, a GS750 Rear spoke wheel for Disk Setup. I already have a spare rim and the spokes associated with it, and converted my front spoke wheel to dual disk.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

PS The listing for the GS400 wheel i'm looking at on ebay...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    ALL of the 8 valve 750s had rear disc brakes. Spokes or not. I dont have one to sell, but they are on EBAY all the time..

Comment

Working...
    X