It's dead... Need wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's dead... Need wiring diagram

My new to me 83 GS1100E quit charging today...Luckily my son was along for the trip in my convertible. We kept charging the battery with speaker wire everytime in ran too far down to run...

Got home and found the connections from the stator to regulator are fried! Previous owner had hacked in some connectors and they melted!

Noticed that 2 wires from stator go directly to teh regulator and the third goes into the harness and ?? Is it switched? Notice on a set of prints for a 81 GS1100 that it shows the third leg has a couple connections before the regulator?

Can anyone give me details or point me to a copy of the wiring diagram for an 83 GS1100e ?

Thanks
    Ken

Hi,

It sound like one leg of your stator is still connected to the (non-existant) headlight switch. You can connect all three stator wires directly to the regulator/rectifier. Look on my website for manuals and stuff.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks. I will try that. I will check your sight again.
      Ken

PS... Well, used the print from your websight and isolated the stator. Did a output check and 2volts AC was all I could get out of the stator. One leg ohmed .9 the other 2 ohmed 2.1 ohms.

Dead stator I did the regulator diode checks and it checked good...

Now to find someone with one in stock...
      Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2010, 11:22 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
      X