Cut it off???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut it off???

I am putting a 92 gsxr 1000 front end on my 80 gs1100. It has the anti dive feature with an electrical connection of some sort. What is this for? Can I just remove it & fill the hole w/epoxy?

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
    I am putting a 92 gsxr 1000 front end on my 80 gs1100. It has the anti dive feature with an electrical connection of some sort. What is this for? Can I just remove it & fill the hole w/epoxy?

Frankly I would say USE it!! The early gixxers had supposedly EXCELLENT anti dive (it was an electronic servo, instead of brake fuid pressure) That worked off the brake switch. Hook it up, see how you like it. I have a set of first gen GSXR forks i will eventually be using on my ES and I plan to use it..

Comment

You will need to check the axles, and length of the forks but those are RSU 1st Generation and not USD 2nd Generation forks.

If they are close to 29.5" axle center to top of stantion then they are 86-88 1100 GSXR (v.s. GSXR 750 forks). If the axles are 15mm then it is 86 whereas the 87-88 are 17mm.

Comment

I see the axles are 17mm & the forks are 29.5" long, so they are 87-88 gsxr 1100.

As far as the electrical anti dive feature, I guess I will try it once I figure how to wire it into my brake switch.

Thanks for the info guys.

Paul
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I see the axles are 17mm & the forks are 29.5" long, so they are 87-88 gsxr 1100.

Paul
          87-88 is the same as I have on the front of my ED. I have Racetech emulators which makes the antidives inoperable so I swapped the 83 ED antidives on with fakie brake lines to make it look operable.

Comment

wire it to the horn wires...
            GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Working...
            X