Seafoam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam?

Hi. Anyone have any comments, positive or negative, about the product Seafoam?

Originally posted by bigsmellyfred View Post
    Hi. Anyone have any comments, positive or negative, about the product Seafoam?
    I love it. Great product. I use their Deep Creep (instead of WD-40) all the time.

The basic product is really good for fuel treatment, stabilizer etc.....
    David
    1998 Suzuki Bandit
    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
    1978 GS1000 - gone
    1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Seafoam

I love the stuff, I usually have 2 cans at home at any given time.
      I have turned many people on to it, and all have had impressive results.

I have not found a product which cleans up dirty engines as nicely without having to dissassemble them. IMO, it's the best thing you can do for your ride, be it a bike, or cage, it's all good. It's also the only thing I would recommend using to clean up oxygen sensors, they will have to soak for a week though, but with great results.

I also recommend the deep creep, very good stuff.

Comment

Hi,

Sea Foam does not work miracles, but it helps. I use it occasionally in a tank of gas just to make sure the carbs stay clean.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I just bought a can to share between the Katana and my new RD350 which is struggling to idle when warm

I know that I really should pull the carbs off both of them and do a full rebuild as both of them have been sitting for a long time but for $10 this seemed like a good idea to start with

Comment

Originally posted by English Bulldog View Post
            I just bought a can to share between the Katana and my new RD350 which is struggling to idle when warm

I know that I really should pull the carbs off both of them and do a full rebuild as both of them have been sitting for a long time but for $10 this seemed like a good idea to start with
            MMMMMM. Rd 350. Must see pics!

I use Sea Foam in all my toys for the winter storage tanks of fuel. That and a bit of Sta-Bil and things fire right off in the spring. I also use the Non-Oxiginated fuel for all the toys. Keeps real well.

Comment

I've used it as a fuel stablizer. Never thought it to be good for anything else.
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Here is a picture of the RD350LC I just bought from a guy in Vegas

Less than 8,000 been in a collection since the late 80's
                Attached Files

Comment

I actually just bought some today for my one and only GS250T. $7 at Advance Auto. I think some rust particles got sucked into my carbs, since I just cleaned them and the bike ran great for a week and now its rough again. Hoping it'll help.

Comment

It works for cleaning the valves but not cleaning carbs. You have to take them apart and clean them manually. No short cuts there.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      It works for cleaning the valves but not cleaning carbs. You have to take them apart and clean them manually. No short cuts there.
                      Dang it. I literally just cleaned them maybe two weeks ago. Then again, this bike sat for the past year or two with the PO with an empty gas tank outside, so I'm sure I've loosened up a bit of the rust with my riding.

Comment

Working...
                      X