Is this cooling line hooked up properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this cooling line hooked up properly

Got a GS1100S with this setup for a oil cooler.

Not sure why the owner didn't hook up the hoses to the two blind plugs on either side of the filter cover.

Anyway, is the oil being circulated at all with this hose hookup?

Another pic

From another angle

Comment

assuming it is running to a cooler and the other side is returning from same, then the only Issue I see if how close the line is to the exhaust. Normally those lines run straight up and pass the exhaust between 1-2 and 3-4 along the frame.

It may be all the same as other than being a bit unconventional there is no issue.

Comment

I don't think oil goes thru the cooler with that setup normal for The 2 valve motors is hookup behind the cylinders of the oil pressure sensor. This requires a new piece to replace the casting that contains the sensor easy for someone in a machine shop to make. Where does the return go? no picture of that?... upon further inspection this is a 4 valve motor sorry... there is another thread on here i think about this and the filter cover.Anyone?
        Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: mistaken identity....

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
          I don't think oil goes thru the cooler with that setup normal for The 2 valve motors is hookup behind the cylinders of the oil pressure sensor. This requires a new piece to replace the casting that contains the sensor easy for someone in a machine shop to make. Where does the return go? no picture of that?... upon further inspection this is a 4 valve motor sorry... there is another thread on here i think about this and the filter cover.Anyone?
          It is not required with the way it is connected.

Well, seeing as that is a stock cover there could be an issue with it not flowing to the cooler if there is no neck on the back side of the cover. That right hand side port needs to capture most of the flow and push it to the cooler. If the cooler is not getting warm, then that is likely the issue.
          Last edited by posplayr; 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

there is something about blocking part of the filter cover a small oil passage to give 100% flow to the cooler does anyone know of this? It's been a long time since I saw that.As for routing I'd want to keep lines as far away from exhaust as possible even with braided lines. With the 2 valve motor it wasn't an issue...

Comment

there is something about blocking part of the filter cover a small oil passage to give 100% flow to the cooler does anyone know of this? It's been a long time since I saw that.As for routing I'd want to keep lines as far away from exhaust as possible even with braided lines. With the 2 valve motor it wasn't an issue...
              Doesnt apply to this setup; only if you use the right Banjo port

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Doesnt apply to this setup; only if you use the right Banjo port
                Can you explain that further? I remember something about a small oil channel cast into the filter cover that had to be blocked? If there's a thread about it maybe post a link good info for everyone to have.

Comment

Can you explain that further? I remember something about a small oil channel cast into the filter cover that had to be blocked? If there's a thread about it maybe post a link good info for everyone to have.
                  Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

I added a pic at this link

Comment

BTW U got some pics of those bikes? U Really got an 82 in a crate?

Comment

LMAO it's in a box rather boxes!!!!there are some pictures in my albums

Comment

LMAO it's in a box rather boxes!!!!there are some pictures in my albums
                        Nice 1000S; I guess you been at it a while. During that time frame I stayed away from motorcycles (too dangerous )

Back to your EZ; Like this pic of my ED; it can be a daunting site .

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          Thanks for the link, it's all here:

Comment

Working...
                          X