GS1100GKZ gasket set and carb boots needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100GKZ gasket set and carb boots needed

Hey ladies and gents! Sorry it's been a bit since I've been around. Work has taken me all stinkin over the place!

So the updates on my bike are as follows:

FH010BA- 50 amp R/R with EasternBeaver connectors
    Electrospark HO stator
    Kenda Tires- K671 on rear size 130/90-16
    - K671F on front size 100/90-19
    DynaJet stage 2 carb kit
    early 2000's Bandit Coils (had to gut and reattach longer leads.. GRR!!)
    Relay based power mods

What I need now is to know what/if the difference is in the gasket kits between my bike (1982 GS1100GKZ) and any of the other similar engines are, besides the obvious 16valve models. To replace and wire in the stator, I need the stator cover gasket, I need the oil pan gasket, the ignition pick-ups cover gasket, and any other gaskets I'll likely want to replace. For the valve cover, I am planning on using one of the good rubber type gaskets for the valve adj activities. So knowing this, the only gasket I really don't need in the kit that I know of is the valve cover gasket, but I don't know if there are other differences preventing me from buying, say, the gasket kit for a GS1100E or something. If anyone knows, Help a brother out! lol!

Other items I need are the carb boots (NEW!) and the wheel bearings (front and rear), a speedo cable. I've had very little success in finding these items.

Thanks Ya'll!!!

I suggest going to Cycle Parts Nation and ordering the gaskets and parts you need. One exception to this being the bearings since OE is very expensive - look for an "All Balls" kit for your bike.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Hi,

Click the link to my website in my sig below. Check out the READ ME page. It has most all of our favorite vendors. Shop around a little for the best price (plus shipping). I'm sure you can find everything you need. Keep us informed, with pictures!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Brother BassCliff,
        I have a question on the coil mod. In the walk-thru instructions on your links, it says to take the wire supplying power (from kill switch), and connect it to the + terminal on the relay. Simple enough. Except in the manual, the diagram shows the or/w wire connecting from the switch to the ECM and the coils are spliced in along the way. My question is this: When I connect the wire to the relay, am I to leave the wire disconnected that would normally have gone to the ECM? Or am I to leave the the path of original continuity between the kill switch and the ECM intact and just branch the leg for the relay off of that just as the original design had the coils branched? I'm unclear on this and I don't wanna fry schtuff bc I was too bullheaded to ask for clarification.

Sincerely,
        Capt. Space-Cadet

Comment

Originally posted by POE_333 View Post
          Brother BassCliff,
          I have a question on the coil mod. In the walk-thru instructions on your links, it says to take the wire supplying power (from kill switch), and connect it to the + terminal on the relay. Simple enough. Except in the manual, the diagram shows the or/w wire connecting from the switch to the ECM and the coils are spliced in along the way. My question is this: When I connect the wire to the relay, am I to leave the wire disconnected that would normally have gone to the ECM? Or am I to leave the the path of original continuity between the kill switch and the ECM intact and just branch the leg for the relay off of that just as the original design had the coils branched? I'm unclear on this and I don't wanna fry schtuff bc I was too bullheaded to ask for clarification.

Sincerely,
          Capt. Space-Cadet
          Hi,

What bike are we talking about?

Feel free to start your own thread in the Electrical section.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X