open exhaust on gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open exhaust on gs750

couldn't find the original thread, but I said as soon as I got the exhaust done I'd give an update.I put a 2inch straight pipe on each side, starting at the pegs where I cut the original mufflers off. Inside the pipes I put a set of universal baffles I got off ebay, less than $20 shipped. There 8inches long. With everything installed, it calmed the exhaust note considerably, but still louder than stock and very aggressive sounding. Also the bike idles again, and runs and pulls lots smoother. total investment, including shipping and getting it welded was $36.00. very pleased with the outcome. Hope to load new pics soon.

pics and a you tube vid required mate!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Depending on how they mount, you might even find some long chrome turn-down extensions that will dress it up a bit,
      if that look appeals to you at all, that is.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Was thinking about adding dome longer chrome down swept tips that would cover all of the exhaust modifications and look like just a couple pipes.

Comment

I put 2 and 1/4 24in long slant cut straights on mine no baffles its loud and drounds out all the harleys I ride with. It sounds great. But I got $80 in mine. I made the mounts. I made then like slip-ons so I can change if I want.

Comment

Comment

No video yet, coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dcil View Post

I like the look of your bike..and the rear fender slammed on the tire..that seat looks comfy!

Comment

The seat is comfy, just looks odd. Gonna re-redo it soon. I changed the fork oil since the pics, added a 1 inch spacer on top of the spring so it's a little taller in the front now. looks lots better.

Comment

Working...
                  X