530 conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

530 conversion question

I have ordered the chain and sprockets for the 530 conversion but I didn't order a 6mm spacer. Is this needed for my 82 750t? if so what other options do I have? ( dont want to spend shipping money for a couple dollar part)

Originally posted by guitarjedi View Post
    I have ordered the chain and sprockets for the 530 conversion but I didn't order a 6mm spacer. Is this needed for my 82 750t? if so what other options do I have? ( dont want to spend shipping money for a couple dollar part)
    I would guess you would need it otherwise the nut will not tighten.

Comment

Did you end up doing this conversion? If so, did you notice a difference, and how challenging of a job was it? I am thinking of the same thing for my 750T. Guy I bought it off of put a new chain on, but I don't see any O-Rings...

Comment

Originally posted by Joel750T View Post
        Did you end up doing this conversion? If so, did you notice a difference, and how challenging of a job was it? I am thinking of the same thing for my 750T. Guy I bought it off of put a new chain on, but I don't see any O-Rings...
        \

went very smoothly. I ordered all parts from z1 online...I would suggest calling and talking to then so you dont forget anything ( like the spacer) It took around 45 minutes start to finish.

Comment

Chain Conversion

Originally posted by Joel750T View Post
          I did the 530 conversion on my 750 T last year. Worst part was cutting the old chain off. Toss the old countershaft sprocket and "cushions"....use the new sprocket and spacer and you're good to go.

I found the bike to be much smoother. Less driveline lash. Just waiting on my E models chain to croak so I can convert it.
          sigpic
          1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
          2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Just want to be sure..
            Did I put the spacer in the right place?

Comment

Originally posted by sschering View Post
              Just want to be sure..
              Did I put the spacer in the right place?
              Yes, but I can't really tell if the lock washer is on.... don't forget to bend it up to lock the nut.
              sigpic
              1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
              2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

The lock washer is there.. I hadn't torqued the nut down when I took the pic.

Comment

Just ordered by chain conversion kit. Did you need to take the footpeg off to get the sprocket cover off, or is there a trick?

Comment

On the 1000E you don't but you do need to remove shift lever. Only 2 bolts to remove the peg assembly anyway if it's the same....
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X