Need electrical print please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need electrical print please.

Just got a gs 1100 L and the start switch was handed to me separately. The wire plug did not match up, and the existing one is melted. I managed to get the switch connected enough to crank the bike but am uncertain that all the wires are in there proper place.

My second GS now. I am excited to see the power behind this one. My other is a GS 750 E.

Thanks in advance for your help,

P.S. Forgot Who I got my rectifier from for the 750.
    Also will need those orings I got to rebuild carbs.

Great site

Forget the p.s. portion. Found info I needed for o rings and rectifier. I was able to pull up my old threads for the info.

Thanks again,

Comment

Hi,

Check my website. There may be a manual that will help you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank You

Exactly the place I was looking for. Thanks a lot man. Got it started up today. I gotta get in those carbs. Been busy, so I didn't get this info till today. Thanks again.

1) got it started and it over revved. Shut down immediately. Found that carbs were stuck half way engaged. So I know they gotta get cleaned.

2) After charging the battery for this test. The bike started after changing out the spark plugs, oil and filter. After running for about 10 minutes I shut it down. Now it seems to be draining on the battery hard while I am trying to start it back up. Noticed I say trying. I did'nt get it back running again. I put the battery on trickle charge so I can get back to it tomorrow. That's what is kinda confirming that I may have tied one of those wires together where it does'nt belong. Will take print with me tonight to figure out after work tomorrow morning.

3) I am good with the rebuild of the carbs. But The sync portion is still evasive. Did the cleaning on my 750 set last fall and when i started adjusting the center adjuster that is under the frame everything went out of wack including my temper. needless to say the bike has not yet been readdressed, for I need a better understanding of what I am doing and a good way of getting at that adjuster. I have the guage set. The sync tool. I even bought a color tune. I would love to get my 750 back on the road before I attempt the 1100.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2010, 12:42 PM. Reason: Incomplete

Comment

Working...
        X