Battleax vs Kenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battleax vs Kenda

On my bike the front tire is 100/90-16. At my local shop, they can get a Battleax for about 92 and a Kenda would be about 75 from them. They mount for free if you buy from them and balancing is an extra $10.

Is the Battleax better enough over the Kenda to pay almost $20 more?

I figured by the time you factor in shipping and mounting, their prices are comparable to internet prices. Plus they have treated me well in the past and its nice to have local shops around.

I haven't tried battleax, but I have kenda on mine. they hold good, ride smooth, but have been told to not expect over about 5,000 miles of life. Time will tell.

Comment

Kenda I kinda like…

I've had them both, first the Battleax's because they were rated the best.
      Then I bought a bike with the Kenda Challengers on it and decided they were plenty good for my type of riding, in fact I could not tell the difference.
      So when the Battleax's wore out I replaced them with Kenda Challengers.
      I kinda like Kenda.
      As for mileage, I got 7000 out of the Battleax rear tire, the front looks like it ain't gonna last past September, and that's nothin' to brag about.
      Bill
      Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-15-2010, 04:23 PM.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I ended up ordering the Kenda, got it for $66 mounted +$10 for balancing. Should be here Mon/Tues

Comment

I did 11,000 Km with my first Kenda Challenger (rear) the second one have 5,000 Km on it actualy and look like to be as good as the first, the handling is ok for me. I have tried them on wet roads and feel safe enough. So I have bougth a pair for my coming (soon) GS.

BTW 11,000Km is about 6,900 miles
          Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

battleaxe!!!!! on front

hi guys ,, i,ve now got a nice set of bridgestone battleaxe .... the front has 10k its a 100/90V x19".. rear 130/90x17" the bike handles nicely and does not float hope this help you regards david

Comment

Here is the tire I'm replacing. Its a shame since it had so much tread left.

Comment

But somehow I just can't feel safe with this sidewall although I could sell it on ebay like the guy that want $40 for shipping on the cracked tire he was selling
                J/K

Comment

I may be a little late in responding but I got the Kendas on my bike..so far I really like them..this last week-end on my little day ride I ran across some "spirited" corners and the Kendas performed very well...granted I didnt push my limits nor am I a road racer..but for the occasional knee dragging they worked well...

DDM

Comment

Working...
                  X