Blinker Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinker Wiring

The wiring on my 1100e is all chopped up. I think one of the po's was using it as a drag bike at some point. I have everything but the oil gauge, the oil light and the blinkers working. If I want to eliminate the control box will this work? Sorry if its a little crude.....

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your drawing. Will this help?

Turn Signal Relay Replacement

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

So the relay in your write up replaces both the flahser and the auto cancel (control) box?

Comment

Yes
        except for that switch, not clear.

all you need to do is switch that positive coming from your flasher from left or right and than to neutral

Just to add to that drawing , if you want an indicator light that tells you your blinker is on , its pretty simple , just hook one end of the wire to the right blinker positive and the other wire to the left blinker positive, and make sure is just a small bulb.

That light works because when you put power on the one side it gets positive and on the other side the lights that you have in the blinkers that are off are just like a ground.

For your oil light all it does is give you a switched ground when you have pressure it takes the ground away.

Comment

Nevermind, read the article a little closer and figured it out. Thanks very much

Comment

Working...
          X