My Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Replica

What I have to start with 1979 GS1000S the plan.... yosh replica that I used to race but some things aren't available so I'll use substitutes. Yosh motor (still sourcing parts) Wheels Ducati with brembo brakes so I can use current rubber, VM33 smoothbores (original used CR31's but no idle circuit not suitable for the road)Forks are from GS1100EZ rear will be Ohlins. Frame after welding new shock mounts , adding gussets and rear brake stay mount(full floating rear) will be powder coated.Repairs to cosmetics, new paint (will be close to original but Imron, epoxy paint very tough stuff)I'll post as I go along the goal this year is to just ride it with a rebuilt stock motor. I expect this will take a year or two to complete I have three spares bikes so some work can progress while I ride.... How do I insert more pictures?? Only one allowed?

The wheels... I love these sorry guys they aren't suzuki but then the italian magnesium wheels weren't either....

Comment

Nice bike. Sounds like a fun project.

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
      How do I insert more pictures?? Only one allowed?
      How are you attaching the picture now? If you host your pictures at a place like PhotoBucket, copy the IMG link for that picture, then paste it in your message. Please put a blank line (hit the ENTER key twice after pasting the link) between the pictures, makes it easier to see when the picture ends. You can do up to 10 pictures this way.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve you can attach on image to each post under manage attachments here is the bike back in 1980...
        Attached Files

Comment

How to post pictures

Hi,

I found this on some guy's website. You can embed up to 10 pictures per post here in the forum.

Posting Pictures To GSR

Nice legs!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            Hi,

I found this on some guy's website...
            I wonder who that might be?

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            [/B]Nice legs!
            I was going to comment on the interesting work clothes.

Comment

Working...
            X