Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gass tank lid

Hello All;
    Can anyone out there tell me how best to open a gass tank lid without a key? Is there anyplace to order a master/pass key for these things?

Van

Hi,

There should be a three-digit code somewhere on one of the locks, the ignition, the gas cap, or the seat lock. With a Suzuki blank, any good locksmith can cut you a new key with that code. There are ebay vendors who will do the same, sell you a new key cut for your bike if you give them the code. It's not expensive.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

i just took a kawasaki ignition switch to a locksmith and he made me a key. No key codes needed.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Thanks y'all. Like allways your the best place to ask. I'll try to rember to let you know how things turn out.

see ya on the way!!
        Van

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
          i just took a kawasaki ignition switch to a locksmith and he made me a key. No key codes needed.
          Yeah, they can do that too, but it is more time consuming and usually costs more than the $15 or so to make one from the code.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X