550t died while riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550t died while riding

I was out riding today and the bike just died. the light and blinkers got real dime blinkers didnt even blink just stayed on. It wouldn't even crank just sat there. brand new battery one month ago. nothing else was done recently. I got to a hill cause i pushed it to my buds house and it was a downwered hill and i popped the clutch it got going until i got to the bottom of the hill than died again. what could be the issue? a fuse or what else i dont know much bout this bike yet i just bought it. anyone know where to get a cheep service manel cheepest on ebay i saw i think was 50 bucks for a manuel. WOW!!!

read this, go through all the tests.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

sounds like charging issue...

easy to fix.

Check out Basscliff's website for a manual. might be for 850 but close and free!

get ur bike home, charge ur battery. then follow tkent's link to determine if its your stator or reg/rect. Relatively cheap fix for a couple hundred max and some labor. You can fix/fit the parts yourself and the be worry free for a bit...

Comment

I got to look at the bike today and saw that the fuze for the ignition was blew so i went and got a new one got some spares also. I dont know what caused it to blow anybody know? all wires are tight no loose ones. should i look into a starter or rect??

Comment

Just keep buying random parts, then.

Comment

im not buying random parts it was a blown fuze thought that might be it thanks for responding.

Comment

Well if you know why the fuse blew you are good to go.

Comment

i found this website which part # do i order i clicked on that ask a question and sent one but there closed for the weekend and no phone # to call

Comment

also how do i get those dam rusted screws on the stator cover they wont budge at all.

Comment

Get a bigger hammer.

Comment

I just did a test that i found to do and it was suppose to be at least 15v and it only got 12 on the regulator where would u all recommend getting a new regulator? whos the cheepest and i want good customer service not here u go bye and its the wrong one or something.

Comment

don't buy a new regulator yet.

go through the electrical system - many links in this forum. Use the search feature.

Start by checking and greasing every electrical ground on the bike.

Comment

Working...
                        X