Clutch Fiber discs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Fiber discs?

Is there a particular brand of fiber clutch discs that anyone would recomend over the stock Suzuki? . The bike will be ridden aggressively and drag raced in street bike class.

P.S. These are for a GS1150

Comment

As far as I can tell, the OEM fiber plates are going to be your best bet. Most all the hi-performance guys will recommend them here. Seems the aftermarket kits invariably have an extra disc, necessitating a reduction in thickness, which in turn enables the discs themselves to cut into the part of the clutch assembly. Seems the weak links in the GS clutch system are the hub nut itself, and the clutch hub basket backing plate. The nut is soft and the threads deform, causing all sorts of ruckus. The hub basket's springs get loose in the backing plate (especially in drag race/high rpm use), necessitating a rebuild. OEM clutch springs (pressure plate) also get soft, and need replacing. I'm sure others will chime in with other things I forgot.

Comment

FBG or stock.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          FBG or stock.
          I've used both FBG and stock in my drag bike, they both work fine...
          However, I did try the FBGs in my street bike and they caused some issues in stop and go, hot weather riding...

Just something to keep in mind if you are planning on using the bike on the street a lot.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Place your 4 cylinder GS engine, drivetrain or clutch related questions in this forum.

previous discussion on the clutch....

Comment

Thanks to all. I will stick to the stock discs.

Comment

Working...
              X