Carb ID Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb ID Please

Can anyone ID these carbs furthur than .... 38mm cv mikuni? They"re off an 82 kawi 750 inline twin.

I know it's not a GS, but you guys are the only reliable source of info I trust.

Thanks in advance

Well...your photo kind of sucks. Uploading photos to photobuck or similar allows them to be linked here in high resolution (hint...hint). That said, they look like Mikuni's, but I'm not sure what size.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

sure looks like a carb to me, why are they resting on a pair of jeans with the zipper down?

Comment

Never saw an inline twin Kawasaki, do you have a picture of that?

Comment

Yeah, I know, crappy cell cam. Can't complain though, it's a work phone, so it's free. And as soon as I sent the thread I realized I was in for some kind of ribbing about my choice of rag to lay them on. Sorry to dissapoint, no photo of the bike. A friend of mine had asked if I would clean them for him.

The reason I'm trying to find out what model carb they are is the po had them apart and had them all balled up. I need to find out the correct float setting, fuel level, and low mixture settings. I'm trying to keep the price down for him or I'd just buy the clymer book for it or something. He's not that mechanicly capable, so him haveing the book for future use kind of would be useless, expecially for the $40-$50 they get for them.

Thanks for the kind and uplifting words though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gggGary View Post
            Never saw an inline twin Kawasaki, do you have a picture of that?
            Seriously? The CSR 750s were twins (neat lil buggers for making Cafe racers from) the 400,440 twins, 450, 500... etc.. they made lots of thumpers.. Good lil bikes too. I had a 440LTD, and that thing would haul my fat arse around everywhere and not complain a bit. Well, unless i was wringing its little neck out doing 75 on the highway...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Seriously? The CSR 750s were twins (neat lil buggers for making Cafe racers from) the 400,440 twins, 450, 500... etc.. they made lots of thumpers.. Good lil bikes too. I had a 440LTD, and that thing would haul my fat arse around everywhere and not complain a bit. Well, unless i was wringing its little neck out doing 75 on the highway...
              Just a little kidding, but I think those are all called parallel twins. I think an inline twin would be aligned north south. An in line four is often east west though. Oh who knows?? I do have two CSR305s fixing one up as my daughter's first bike.

Comment

The motr is like an inline 4 ....... but only 2.

Comment

oh, and believe me, I know it's all in good fun. Like I said earlier, I expected some ribbing. I'm the biggest ribber of em' all in my neighborhood.

Not offended at all. Keep it up..........

Comment

You might want to look at fleaBay auction

Comment

the 1982 CSR750 came stock w/Mikuni BS34's
                      Stock main jet is 115, pilot 45, air screw 1.5-2.5 turns out from lightly seated.

quote from just answer motorcycle.
                      Accepted Answer

The only adjustments are the air mixture screws, the float level and the carb synchronization. All other parts are fixed and not adjustable unless you change the jets to different sizes.

These bikes were very lean from the factory to meet EPA guidlines and will run 100% better if you richen the jet needle. The air screws have caps over them so you will need to drill that out to remove them and adjust the screws. If you cleaned the carbs without removing those screws you will need to clean them again. That passage is very small and the adjuster must be removed in order to clean it.

I would remove the caps over the air screws (if you haven't already). Adjust those to 2-2.5 turns out. Remove the slides and raise the jet needle. I don't think it was adjustable so you will need to insert a 2mm thick washer under the needle. It will have to fit perfectly or the slide will stick. The outside diameter must be the same as the built-in washer. (If you have an arctic cat dealer near you, they have the perfect washer from their mikuni carbs. I have the part number if you decide to go that route.) Be sure the diaphrams aren't torn. If they have a hole or tear, it wont work.

Set your float height to 3mm. Connect a clear hose to the drain fitting on the float bowl and open the drain screw. When the fuel stops rising measure from the top of the float bowl to the fuel level in the hose. Raise or lower the level by bending the tang on the float arm. (Be sure bike is straight up and down.)

It wouldn't hurt to check the valve clearances also. A tight valve will give this motor fits. Let me know what you find. If you follow those steps I know it will run strong.

Comment

Thanks Gary. Yeah, the fuel level and the low screw settings are all I needed to know. Everything on this bike, I'm assumeing, Is stock. I just had no clue on where to start with it. Like I said, The PO to my friend already uncapped the screws and had them out 4-5 turns so I know he had the thing all screwed up. Even my screwey 2-barrel carbs on my bike are only set 3-3.5 out, and factory was 2.5-2.75. I'll start with the fuel level and screws as you said then open her up from there.

Thanks alot! Once again you guys got the answers. Awesome!! Again.......Thanks!!!!

Comment

OK folks. Carbs are all clean and ready for delivery. Some pix of the finished product. (look earlier in the post for a before pic) Thanks for your help.

Comment

Installed these cabs today. Electric start does not work. First kick... nothing, second kick....one pop, third kick........vroommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Vac synched and adjusted low screws. Viola, my buddy's free bike runs smooth and creamy. What luck!!!

Comment

CONGRATLATIONS Don. It's amazing what a good carb clean will do,

Comment

Working...
                              X