Backfiring on deceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I replaced the gaskets on the headers and checked the system for leaks and shes still backfiring.
    Next step I guess would be to pull the carby manifolds off and check for cracks and replace the o rings.
    Do I have to use original o rings or can I use cheaper ones fro the local bearing supplier. Is there a special Type of rubber they are made from>>
    Craig

Have the carbs been accurately vacuum synched? If not that can do it.

Comment

get the ones from CYCLE ORINGS.. the regular neoprene hardware variety dont hold up to the heat so well. Robert Barr is a member here and youll get them in a day or two once he gets the payment.. well worth the wait and your moneys worth in my book anyways. He also has oring kits for your carbs jets and fuel tee and transfer tubes as well.
      Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Lean on the pilot circuit. What bike are we talking about?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Lean on the pilot circuit. What bike are we talking about?
          GS1000g
          I picked up one of thoes see through spark plugs which show a blue flame when the burn is right.
          I had trouble getting a blue flame inthe pot 2nd from the left and never got it as blue as the others. When looking into the plug the firing seemed to have an occasional miss in the spark. I thought that might be it sucking air.
          Tere was a dramatic improvement in performance after adjustment but still backfiring.
          Craig54

Comment

Working...
          X