bad ajustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad ajustments

i have a gs 1000 78, pulled the carbs, cleaned them, and reinstalled, but dont have the correct settings, # 1, pilot air screws, how many turns out for stock setting, and # 2, the air adjust under the bowl, i have it on two turns open from closed, the bike seems to be running out of fuel, and doesnt want to rev out on acceleration, i think my adjustments are way off, w/ no manuel, im looking for some specs, thanks!

The bottom screw should be about 5/8 to 1 turn out
    Side air screw about 2.5 turns. Did you at least do a mech sync?
    Is the air box installed?

Comment

carb settings

ya, the air box is in, but it ran good for a bit, w/ some hesitations, and didnt want to rev, so i played w/ the choke while i was riding, it kinda would clean up, but be messy in other areas, it got to where i was in first, milking it to stay running, and it sounded like it was detonating, and it would pick up, but wouldnt rev out, im in the area of adjustment, you specified, 1 1/2 turns out on the pilot air on the side, and 2 turns out on the bottom adjust screw, i had gotten this bike for free, it had been sitting, w/ a broken vetter fairing on it, stock bars, and a black primered tank, and of course, no side covers. Ive found the side covers used, new paint, and a good cleaning, changed the bars to supergike style, lost the fairing, it actully looks good, but runs like a turd!, but i can fix it! w/ some good advice.

Comment

Best thing to do is check out Basscliffs website...their are PDF files of carb rebuild and adjustments..as well as more info than you'll ever wanna know about the GS series...in the "Carb Stuff" section of his site is a procedure for adjusting the mixture screws as well..great info their.

Dont know if He's been along to welcome you yet but heres the link to his site...

DDM

Comment

Working...
        X