Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS1100e Restoration

Hi Guys,

i am new to the forum and I thought I'd post a few pictures of my current restoration project. I've had this bike for about 5 years and am finally getting around to restoring it. I have buffed all of the aluminum covers, swingarm, peg brackets and rims to a near mirror finish, and sealed the parts with a product called Shark Hide. Painted the rims and stripped the tank. Should be done in a few weeks. Looking for a right side cover, and a new or used set of pods (stolen off the bike last year), and some drag bars.Photos of the bike before, and current condition.

-joe

Looks great!! Also looks like you put alot of time and hard work in it.

I have the same bike and always wondered what it would look like black.

Comment

Joe - I may have an extra right side cover. It may be this weekend before I can look for it.

What are you calling "pods"?

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. mrbridgeport,

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hi Blackhawk,

I just ordered some pod filters today from APE racing, so I got that covered, but if you can check on that side cover I'd be really interested. I need the right side cover and am emblem, but I can grab an emblem on ebay later.

Yea, please let me know about the side cover!

-joe

Comment

Thanks BassCliff,

I really appreciate the hospitality. Your site is incredible, it has everything a guy could want. Still have to change the headgasket, hook up the oil cooler and run some stainless brakelines.

I'll keep the pictures coming.

-Joe

Comment

Working...
            X