My first GS. 1981 GS 450 L project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first GS. 1981 GS 450 L project.

Just picked this up for $150 with a clean title. He quit riding it last year because it either had a dead battery or more likely a charging issue. I cranked it earlier and it fired sounded solid with good compression. Cracked open the carburetors looked pristine inside, going through them with WD-40 and compressed air tomorrow regardless. So far it needs a speedometer cable which I have a spare new one, tachometer cable, and intake manifolds. The gas tank is pristine inside as well. All electrical working fine besides the charging which I havn't been able to definitively test yet. I plan to put this bike back together and keep it as a rider for when I go to college which will be close. Thought I'd share, enjoy.

Welcome! $150, what a steal!! sounds like it wont take much to get it rode worthy.

Comment

I remember my first GS a Skunk :-)) That was over 25 years ago

Comment

Turns out it'll need new intake boots anyone know of a cheap place to acquire these?

Comment

www.partshark.com -- usually cheaper

Comment

Nice find man. Got one for the wife couple years ago.
            I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
            1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Post a list of what you need. You'd be suprised what we have in our parts bins. I think I may have a set of boots for you. PM me if you still need them.
              1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
              The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Working...
              X