Grrr I hate brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrr I hate brakes

Well my tire came in today so I figured I would put the caliper back together and have the bike all ready to go. Got the caliper back together ,put the tire on and tried bleeding the brakes. Well they are spongy to the point of uselessness. Right now I have the brake lever tied back like I've read helps so hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go on a ride.

you need to get a Mighty Vac to to suck the fluid through to the caliper.

Comment

Put a long hose on the brake bleeder, open it & suck like crazy... that works too!
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Put a long hose on the brake bleeder, open it & suck like crazy... that works too!
        I have heard of someone talking about pushing fluid up to remove air bubbles. If you open the caliper bleeder and push fluid in while cracking the master banjo seems like that would get rid of most of the air.

Comment

I bought a vac pump with the brake bleeder kit, but now the problem is I seem to be sucking air from around te bleeder screw rather than sucking fluid

Comment

try some teflon tape on the threads

Comment

I tried bench bleeding the master kind of. I used a screwdriver to push in the piston , the feel is pretty good now.

Comment

Working...
              X