Damper kits for GS1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damper kits for GS1100E?

Any one ever retrofit a modern damper into a set of GS1100E forks? I know lost of us have used progressive springs and I was just about to do so as well when I discovered you can also cut off the end of your damper and put a modern damper unit in its place. When this is done you are supposed to have a suspension that can handle demanding conditions and gives a nice ride not either or like spring swaping. Any recomendations on a retro fit kit that works well? A company called race tech at www.racetech.com has dampers, springs, and other such goodies for GS1100's but I wanted to run the subject by some of you before I went and threw money at them.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2010, 11:20 PM.

I haven't used the Racetech cartridge emulators in my GS1100EZ's stock forks, but did have them in a set of '88 gsxr1100 forks, which I had mounted to the GS; I currently have a set in my KLR650 dual sport. They are well worth the money, IMHO, as are their fork springs. Rick Tannenbaum, at Cogent Dynamics ( www.motocd.com ) is one of Racetech's top dealers, and an awesome guy to deal with, too. Customer service second to none. I have no connection to Rick, other than friendship, and a repeat customer.
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Use the Search feature and look for "emulator", there have been several long discussions of them here in the last couple of year. I'm planning to put a set on my GS750ES when I get hold of some inner fork tubes with screw in caps.

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
      X