Some misfiring at low RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some misfiring at low RPM's

1981 GS850GL, while lightly accelerating at low speeds there seems to be some slight missfiring, however, when the RPMs climb higher (> 3500 rpm) it takes off like a striped-a_sed-ape (is that supposed to be hyphenated?). When the bike is first started up it might missfire twice, but that's it. It will idle OK. Any ideas on the low RPM issue? Thanks in advance.

Interesting .. I have almost exactly the same problem with my '78 GS750. Unfortunately I've only juts purchased the bike so I don't have a reference to understand if something changed, etc.

I look forward to any further responses!

Comment

pull the spark plugs and take a look. looking for an obvious sign that a plug is fouled/ beginning to get really dark and sooty or oily..

next put the plugs in their plug wire caps and turn the engine over and look for good blue spark.

I can go on but I'd do some various electrical checks and swap for a new set of NGKs' before moving on to carburetion.
      Last edited by trippivot; 04-21-2010, 09:30 AM.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Carbs rebuilt this year, also new plugs, intake boots, petcock and a couple of plug caps.

Comment

Working...
        X