hot coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hot coils

I had posted a hread the other day about my bike acting like it was missing. Took it over to TCK'S house and he said it sounded like one of the pilot jets was plugged up. It would run good as long as you was giving it more 1/4 throttle.

Well today I decided to ride it to work since the next 5 days is supposed to be rain. I only work 15 to 20 minutes from home. When I was about 2 miles from work the bike started missing really bad. It had ran pretty good until that point. At lunch I went out to check my oil as I do daily as I have some small oil leaks. But when I checked it it was full of gas. It was fine when I left this morning for my trip to work.

What I'm wondering is if the coils could be getting hot and causing it not to send spark to the plugs causing gas to just pour down the cylinder. before the question pops up my petcock is new and in working order. Any input would be great.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

In order for it to fill with gas something has to be wrong with the petcock. no question !!!
    Ign miss will not cause the problem. IF gas is being sucked down the vacuum tube from the petcock it could happen and be the reason for the miss..

Comment

But its been having this slight miss for a coupl of days now with no gas in the oil. Not till this morning.
      I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Sounds like your "new" petcock wasnt.. Where did you get it? Secondly, when you rebuilt your carbs, did you use new float needles? If the needles have a worn ring groove in them, they'll never seat, and could cause the bike to suck too much gas while running, even if the petcock is good. Test your petcock again. If its good, we'll look elsewhere this weekend. And get that oil out of your bike PRONTO. Change it and the filter, and then when we get it running, you'll need to change it again in a hundred miles or less, just to make sure you got all the gas out. We'll get it sorted this weekend bro. Thankfully, it is supposed to rain so you wont miss any riding time But, You'll need to get it over to my place this weekend.

Comment

I just got the petcock from Z1 right before I put the bike up for the winter. I didnt change the float needles. guess I need to order some. My bike is still sitting at work till my buddy can get it for me tomorrow. Would it be ok if we just bring it to your place. I dont mind if it sits outside I can cover it .
          I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
            I just got the petcock from Z1 right before I put the bike up for the winter. I didnt change the float needles. guess I need to order some. My bike is still sitting at work till my buddy can get it for me tomorrow. Would it be ok if we just bring it to your place. I dont mind if it sits outside I can cover it .
            Yeah just drop it at my place. I can make some room in the garage probably when I get home from work tomorrow, but when you drop it off, cover it for the time being. Also, I have to work, but Rose will be home tomorrow evening I think. If you want to work on it, it would be helpfull if you could pull the carbs if you have time. Then I can get at em on Saturday...

Comment

Sweet. I can get the carbs pulled. And I'll change the oil.
              I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Working...
              X