seafoam - does it do what it claims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam - does it do what it claims?

Have I just paid a lot for a can of hope. That is to say; (I hope it will make my bike run better without me fixing the real underlying problem.) And what did I really buy. I have learned over the years that most household cleaners are nothing more than basic $1 per gallon cleaners disguised as something else by adding a little food color and perfume. So, did I just pay $7/pint for something special or did I buy some mix of lacquer thinner, naphtha or any other solvent that I cold have gotten a gallon of for the same price. I know there are a lot of manmade chemicals out there that work great for what they are intended for. I use some of them for other purposes. For example, I like to use the solvent that dry cleaners use for cleaning my firearms in my basement. This chemical is highly toxic to breath but I like it because it is nonflammable and I can use it near my furnace and water heater without worrying about blowing myself up. It also is very hard on plastic-- it will melt my plastic toothbrush and the rubber gloves I use in short order. I take the risk because it does what I want it to do really well and fast. I have been using it for 35 years and I know nothing like it can be bought where firearms are bought and sold. I learned about this the same way I am trying to learn about seafoam.

Also I am a new member, and I would like to post my location by my nametag but cant figure it out. I am not afraid to ask for help.

Originally posted by gswisconsin View Post
    Also I am a new member, and I would like to post my location by my nametag but cant figure it out. I am not afraid to ask for help.
    Hi,

In the upper left corner of your screen you will see a link that says "User CP". That's your User Control Panel. You can make all kinds of additions to your information, change the way the forums display, add pictures to your photo albums, etc.

Further to the right on that same menu bar you will see "Search". Click there, type in "seafoam" and you will find hours of information about the product as it pertains to usage in our GS motorcycles by our members. Used the "Advanced Search" to narrow your search parameters, i.e. to search "titles only" or for posts only by a certain member, etc.

In a nutshell, Seafoam is great for maintenance and, in a high concentration, can help clean out mildly cruddy carbs, but it doesn't work miracles. The material safety data sheet can be found by CLICKING HERE.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      In a nutshell, Seafoam is great for maintenance and, in a high concentration, can help clean out mildly cruddy carbs, but it doesn't work miracles.

BassCliff
      Disagree, I think seafoam DOES work miracles.

Comment

Originally posted by suzu650 View Post
        It also does double duty as a dessert topping AND a floor wax!

BassCliff

Comment

Miracles do not come in cans , bottle or jars unless it's tequila.....

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
            Now that would make a good sig. quote.

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
              Tequila might cause some stability problems or 'wallowing' if the proper amount isn't used though...
              Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

lol @ this these comments not helping this man at all!!

Comment

Basscliff, why do you put:

BassCliff

at the end of every one of your comments? Not trying to hate, but it just gets annoying. Along with you saying "hi," at the beginning of nearly all your posts.

Comment

BassCliff

at the end of every one of your comments? Not trying to hate, but it just gets annoying. Along with you saying "hi," at the beginning of nearly all your posts.
                    What is so annoying about being friendly??? ... stop jacking the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      What is so annoying about being friendly?
                      I just feel there is no need. replying with one sentence, yet having to put "hi," and "thank you for your indulgance, basscliff" just seems rediculous in nearly every post. I know its BassCliff making a comment because it says that it is him at the top of his post. just extremely repetitive.

Comment

If these little things bother you, wait till you participate in any P or R rated Off Topic threads.....everyone here's different, and has different ways of self-expression. Mr. Basscliff is easily our friendliest and most helpful member, and also the current Member Of The Year....mess with him at your own peril.
                        Tony.

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack....back to the Seafoam!
                        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Ha, sorry. Wasnt trying to hate on him, have just been a little bothered by it. He has came to the rescue in nearly every help thread I have started, so I am by no means try to hate. I am grateful for members like him!

Comment

Just being polite

BassCliff

Hi Mr. suzu650,

You are not the first to mention this. I'm sure you won't be the last. We get a new crop every spring.

If you insist, I'd be happy to explain my behavior.

I was raised in an era where proper spelling, proper grammar, formality, and politeness were looked upon as desirable. These habits let people know that you take communication seriously and wish to impart your ideas clearly, without offense. I guess you could say that this is my own little rebellion against the youth culture. Sure, I know what "brb" and "ttyl" mean, and I can type with my thumbs, but I prefer to write in complete sentences.

You will never see me correcting or complaining about anyone's grammar, punctuation, or spelling. If I don't understand I will ask for clarification. Someone a lot smarter than I (Stephen R. Covey) once said, "Seek first to understand, then to be understood".

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                              Hi Mr. suzu650,

You are not the first to mention this. I'm sure you won't be the last. We get a new crop every spring.

If you insist, I'd be happy to explain my behavior.

I was raised in an era where proper spelling, proper grammar, formality, and politeness were looked upon as desirable. These habits let people know that you take communication seriously and wish to impart your ideas clearly, without offense. I guess you could say that this is my own little rebellion against the youth culture. Sure, I know what "brb" and "ttyl" mean, and I can type with my thumbs, but I prefer to write in complete sentences.

You will never see me correcting or complaining about anyone's grammar, punctuation, or spelling. If I don't understand I will ask for clarification. Someone a lot smarter than I (Stephen R. Covey) once said, "Seek first to understand, then to be understood".

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
                              i admire u basscliff. Seriously though, I completely understand what you are saying. Times have obviously changed dramatically.

Comment

Working...
                              X