Coil Relay Mod=Dead Batt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil Relay Mod=Dead Batt?

So yesturday I did the coil relay Mod ..tonite I went out to start the bike to leave work and the Batt is dead...get it fired up and home..pull the tank..disconnect the neg. wire from the relay and it clicks...re-connect it and it clicks again..so their was constant power feeding the relay and killed the batt. The directions say to find a heavy B/W wire in the harness..I dont have one/cant find one...what other color might it be and is that run through a switch to kill the neg side? Not a huge electrical expert so am at a bit of a loss...on another note..my coils only had 10volts at them..after the Mod I had 12.39V but this neg lead to the relay is kickin my butt..any help would be great.

DDM

Ok went back out in the shop after finding a diff diagram...I think the first diagram I got was wrong or somehow I misread it...2nd diagram was very clear and easy..Pin 86 Trigger from kill switch Pin 85 Ground pin 30 Positive with fuse Pin 87 Power out to Coils..tested it with an VOM and it works as it should. So just a heads up when doing "Mods" test test and re-test before driving away...a dead Batt at midnite is not what you want.

DDM

Comment

Working...
    X