wiring woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring woes

So I'm in the final stages of restoring my '79 750. piecing together the wiring harness thanks to the letter coding/bunch of reference photos I took in the initial teardown. I'm running into the main issue of things not working properly (obviously because I'm not done yet). I was wondering if the turn signals need to all be connected for them to work, of ir it's okay for only one to be hooked up and work fine.

Hi,

The stock blinker system needs to "see" a certain amount of load (resistance) before the blinker relay will blink. The stock turn signal relay needs all four bulbs of the proper wattage (12v/23w) installed before it will blink. You can replace the stock relay with an electronic one and it will blink no matter what. See my website for more information.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

excellent. this makes sense. I was also wondering if the tachometer needs to be installed for the bike to run. For some reason I think the tach cable needs to be grounded (I know I know, sounds like witchcraft superstition but it's one of the only electrical components besides signal lights waiting to be installed)

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
        excellent. this makes sense. I was also wondering if the tachometer needs to be installed for the bike to run. For some reason I think the tach cable needs to be grounded (I know I know, sounds like witchcraft superstition but it's one of the only electrical components besides signal lights waiting to be installed)
        No the tach does not need to be connected in order to run the engine. Ray
        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
        GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
        X