That coulda hurt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That coulda hurt!

Hey guys was out riding today and I came to a stop light and heard a Chunk a chunk chunk coming from my gear box... pulled over and with my trusty tool kit pulled the left side cover over.

Well my Nut had fallen off of my front sprocket I had it torqued right down after I did my chain/sprocket job. Now is there something I missed this should not be flying off like that.

The one thing I can think of is I have the washer in there backwards. I have Nut Washer sprocket, should it be Nut sprocket washer?

I am lucky I was just comin off the highway when this happened throwling a chain and a sprocket *shiver* don't even want to think about that

You had them in the right order if I am understanding you correctly. As installed on the bike it would go sprocket, washer, & then nut. If it doesn't have a locking washer on it that you fold over to lock the nut, then use some red Loctite. Use a 1/2 inch drive air impact to install the nut. Ray.

Comment

Excellent suggestion. I was wondering the same thing on my GPz, which has a non-locking washer also. Curious arrangement, but I guess it works. I am used to the folding washer arrangement.

Comment

Working...
      X