folks who are smarter than

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

folks who are smarter than

ok. I have had both automotive/diesel and motorcycle repair courses..have degrees. Parts of those courses were electrical. H ave also done some electrical work in my past on houses. So my question...(bike that prompted this is an 81 GS1100E)....how does a single 15 amp fuse at the fuse box on the red wire that feeds the ignition switch protect 3 separate 10 amp fused circuits on the orange wire when the ignition switch is turned on? That is a total of 30 amps. Now I know that logic and theory dictates that those 3 circuits wont ever all be at full capacity at the same time thus blowing the main 15 amp fuse......anyone smarter than me see where this is going? Please chime in because this makes absolutely no sense and has me wondering if this why BassCliff has done the mods he has done and others have followed suit on. I myself am in process of doing something about it as well. Breaking the wire harness down into 3 totally separate circuiits like i did my CB750F. Ignition Lighting Starting/Charging. have a good day and keep it rubber side down.

yeah.............................................i kinda figured that...but when you just sit down and look at the wiring diagram and realize what it shows you...its like...WHOA!!

Comment

Working...
    X